If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.

Enrolling Your Practitioner with Affiliated Computer Service (ACS)

Your practitioner is your doctor or health care provider. You must be sure they get an ACS number so that they can bill and get reimbursed by the US Department of Labor for your medical care. If they do not participate, they can become a participating provider. 

The ACS enrollment number of a medical practitioner number is NOT the same as a Medicare number. If the medical practitioner has not worked with a patient who has had a USDOL/OWCP claim, they will need to get this number.

You may call ACS yourself, to inquire if your provider is already a member (see contact information below). If not, you can obtain the enrollment form from the ACS website, which you can download here and give to your medical provider. Ask your practitioner for their ACS number so you can later check on the ACS website whether your bill has been paid or not.

Most hospitals are already enrolled and have an ACS number, but the majority of US hospitals will not know that they have this number or what the number is. You may have to call on their behalf to save time.

No medical bill will be paid without the provider's ACS number written in the lower left corner next to "a" of box 33 of the HCFA/CMS 1500 billing form, which you can view or download. Often it is the lack of the ACS number on the bill that prevents the bill from being paid, but they might never let you know that this is the reason. Always make sure that your provider knows this or help them submit it and obtain one. Remind them to put it on every medical bill submitted.

Once Your Claim Is Approved, you may see what bills have been paid by accessing the website of Affiliated Computer Services. After you get to the site, click FECA and Claimant and then enter your claim number to see if bills have been paid. Again, you will need to enter the provider's ACS number to obtain this information. It is suggested that you keep each provider's ACS number in your address book for reference. You may want to give your medical provider the ACS website, as well, so that they can also  (and potential problems).

Below are step-by-step instructions that you can give to your medical provider: 

Role of Medical Provider:

·         1. Provider must be registered/registers with DOL and have an ACS number. And the provider must be enrolled in the Electronic Fund Transfer system so that reimbursement will go directly into their bank account. 



·         2. Prior authorization/retro authorization is obtained (if required)


·         3. Medical Services are provided

·         4. Submit claim/bill by provider

For Physician:


For Hospital:


          5. Payment is made by EFT to provider


 Copyright © 2014  Health Justice for Peace Corps Volunteers  All Rights Reserved

  Site Map